Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Obama Email


I'll admit that all I was only going to do was give my take on the candidates and what I though about the whole election hullabaloo. On Thursday however, an old friend of mine sent me a very eye catching email that appealed to me on many levels. It was written by Rabbi Lazer Brody, (profile).
Take a look:


"Those who don't come to Israel while they still can may be lucky to escape from the USA with a plastic bag and a pair of pajamas." Rabbi Shalom Arush made this devastating statement in his public lecture in Hebrew several hours ago. Rabbi Shalom is neither partisan nor does he care about politics, whether in Israel or overseas. Yet, he said, "The near eighty percent of America's Jews who voted for Obama will soon be called upon to suffer the consequence of their choice." What consequence? The American economy is so bad, and so much new money with no backing is being printed, that the gross national product soon won't be enough to pay for the mere interest that America owes its creditors. Suddenly, the young people of the USA will wake up from their slumber of fun and games to realize that the country has not only mortgaged their future, but the future of their great grand children and the unborn generations for years to come. With mounting unemployment and rioting in the streets, who'll take the blame? The Jews, of course!
Don't be fooled by a few Uncle-Tom Jews in the Obama crew. The Judenrat - entrusted of filling the daily cattle-car quotas destined for the death camps - was also staffed by Jews.
I don't like messianic speculation, but more and more of this generation's spiritual leaders are saying that Moshiach is fast on the way. Don't miss the train.
If you're smart, you'll start phasing out your assets in the USA and buying property in Israel. And if you're even smarter, you'll start thinking really seriously about coming home. Soon, the choice won't be yours. It's not too nice to escape as a refugee in the middle of the night with nothing more than your pajamas and a plastic bag.


First of all, I want to make it clear that I'm not in support of what's said in this passage. It's really hard for me to say that because even though I respect the opinion of the quoted Rabbis and the material has substance (I'll explain later in the post), a lot of it is speculation, so its really hard to attach any tangible evidence to believe what's being said. Than there's me trying to hone the mindset of a journalist: trying to say as neutral, objective, realistic as possible in the face all the point of views (no matter how attractive and appealing it is...).

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be posting this passage here unless I found it had value and opportunities existed to grow from it. I respect the people who took the time get this message out in the open.

My grandmother told me something very interesting a few weeks ago. She told me that back in Europe before the war, the first major sign that things were going wrong was the economy. I don't know exact circumstances, but I've done my research and its true.

She was however, actually talking about the Jews.

When the economy went bad in Europe, it was the first of many things the Jews began to get blamed for and you know the rest. She then told me to keep this mind with what's going on in the world right now. I don't know what to think of this kind of message that I posted above. It may just be speculation, who knows? I usually don't pay attention to something that appears like something speculation. But I thought twice after remembering what grandmother told me. Let's hope G-d willing, that the times ahead are prosperous and filled with opportunity. And if not, than its for the best.

Just something to think about.

No comments: